- The United States borrowed about $41,000 every second in 2010 to fund our federal government.
- Every man, woman and child in our homeland now owes about $45,000 in debt to foreign banks.
- In less than two months (mid-March) our nation will reach our $14.3 trillion debt limit and the only tangible steps taken in Washington to address this catastrophe are to raise the limit and keep on spending.
- By the end of this decade, the White House Budget Office forecasts interest on the debt alone to be almost $1 trillion per year, or about $3,000 per person per year.
- States are broke, services are being cut, the people are over-taxed and the economy is fragile.
- At this pace, world confidence in the dollar will shatter and the American Middle Class will be destroyed.
We know what we want, but do not have a clear path to get there. That is until now – an Average Joe Speaks. With detail and clarity from an Average Joe’s perspective, I have attempted to document an Agenda and specific steps we can take to save our country for our children and our children’s children. Please see, An Average Joe with a Few Things to Say “A Common Man’s Guide to Taking Back Our Country.” It is available at www.averagejoespeaks.com and www.amazon.com, and hopefully soon can be found in brick and mortar book stores.
- A February, 2013 Constitutional Convention with the purpose of defining the role of government and ratifying a new Bill of Responsibilities,ten constitutional amendments including a balanced budget amendment
- Reorganizing and downsizing the Executive Branch from over 2 million to 1.3 million civilian employees
- A simplified federal tax code and a new Economic Fund to support GDP growth and jobs
- Protecting the Social Security and Medicare trusts for future generations from pillaging for other spending
- Free-market solutions for the economy, health care, energy, and education
- Fixing the broken naturalization system and putting an end to illegal immigration
- An itemized balanced budget that pays down the debt and returns money to the states and the people
- Absolute equality – everyone shares in the cuts and everyone benefits in the future prosperity
Average Joe (AJ) American